Junket critics were given a special screening of The Amazing Spider-Man on Thursday for the explicit chance to get those pesky interviews and media out of the way early. Why now, you ask? Because Andrew Garfield’s on Death of a Salesman until the end of the month. Then off to god knows where.
Meanwhile, here is a list of things I’d ask the assembled cast and crew:
- Can you describe Spider-Man with an adjective other than amazing, spectacular, incredible, ultimate, avenging or nice?
- did you choose to ignore spider-man drives a giant robot car and fight aliens for a reason?
- describe the differences between facing the curt connors as an evolving threat to phillip seymour hoffman.
- how did you even find the same creature effects team from super mario bros?
- rhys, how did you lose your arm?
- how do you think the progression of music has effected the characters? originally dashboard confessional gave the song, but now it’s a dubstep remix of a british metalcore group. thoughts.
- if spider-man films are connected to musical buzz trends, while avengers is not, is that why they’re so successful?
- how big are sam raimi’s shoes?
- where are the free danishes and coffee? andrew? rhys? emma? guy who isn’t mark webber?
- when is the sequel to the end of love coming out?
- rhys, a personal question: how did you sneak liquor into san diego comic con? i’ve been trying for years. no dice.
- did you ever consider organic web-shooters, and therefore a more natural and organic spider-man that shot webs from a sac on his lower back?
- why isn’t fucking venom in this? venom is metal.
- where was agent coulson?